Party Planning - Tropical Party Wish List

I started planning Lily's fifth birthday a while back. It's not unusual for me to start gathering ideas and inspiration months before a party or event and this year I've been swept up in planning a tropical-themed Moana party for my big girl.


Every time pay day rolls around I buy something off my wish list (which is pretty extensive). I do this logically and buy items that are either on special offer or will take a while to arrive. I don't want to miss out on good deals and I don't want to order items from eBay that will arrive after the party!

I'm working to a very tight budget this year so am hunting for props and scene setters all over the place. I'm scouring pound shops, Primark and ebay for bargains - my strategy is a fine balance between knowing when to splurge on a product and when to hold back.

So far I have purchased a few bits from our local Poundworld including disposable cups with a pineapple design and plastic plates/bowls which will be used to serve the party buffet. I've also picked up some artificial flower garlands from eBay. Delivery was from China and I spent less than £10.00 so wasn't sure what to expect but am pleasantly surprised by how good they are.
My favourite purchase so far has been this multi-pack of floral leis from dotcomgiftshop. Originally £8.95 for a pack of 6 different designs I saw that they're now on sale for £2.95 and bought 4 packs! I'm really impressed by the quality and variety in these packs so am tempted to go back for more.

As well as party paraphernalia I've also designed invites, Facebook event headers, posters and even a mini-trailer video (too much? probably). Can you tell how over-excited I am about this party?

Still on my wish list are balloons for creating a decorative arch, party tableware, some cardboard palm trees and table skirts! Here is my list of favourites - perfect for your summer event or Moana party!


One of my first stops for any party purchases or inspiration is always Party Pieces they have something for nearly every theme you can think of at really competitive prices. For this event, I've found some great table cloths and table skirts and I will be buying some scene setters like this Giant Palm Tree Cut Out. I also love the colours of these Cuban Fiesta Food Baskets and the Palm Leaf Platters are perfect for sandwiches!

I think these Hibiscus Hair Clips and Tropical Sunglasses would match perfectly with the leis I have already purchased and would also double up as favours to take home.


I follow The Original Party Bag Company on Instagram and am always inspired by their beautiful party photos. It's hard not to want to buy everything on their website but I think these Gold or Coloured Tattoos by Meri Meri would be great for an activity or to go home in party bags.

I'm tempted to set up a photo booth area just so I can play around with these Summer Party Photo Props - they look like a lot of fun!


One of my new favourite party shops is Candle and Cake, they always seem to have really stylish decorations and unique touches. As I'm planning an epic balloon arch I like the idea of adding texture and interest with these Honeycomb Balls or some of these Honeycomb Diamonds.

I'm also a big fan of these huge Round Balloons and the Tropical Leaves would look great as part of a backdrop or table decor. Lastly, these little Kraft Paper Bags would look cute with an attached flower and filled with bubbles and cake!

Are you planning a tropical summer party? Have a little one crazy about Moana? You can check out my other Tropical Party posts and wish lists below!


 


Our Cherry Tree © . Design by Berenica Designs.