Peterley Manor Farm

This weekend we were able to tick another local activity off our bucket list and made the most of family visiting to take a trip to Peterley Manor Farm for some pick-your-own fun!

I like to make the most of seeing our family and it's always a great excuse to explore some more of the area we are lucky to live in, or try somewhere new. It can be tricky to find an activity that will offer something for everybody, allowing us all to catch up on news and spend time chatting whilst having fun with the kids at the same time.

Peterley Manor is a family run farm in the beautiful Chilterns. I've wanted to visit for a while now as they're always popping up on Instagram with some inspiring photos of the P-Y-O, farm shop, cafe and nursery. I thought it would be the perfect activity for the whole family, we could have fun picking the fruit and then relax with some tea and even some retail therapy.


It's only a 15 minute drive from where we live in High Wycombe and was easy to get to (as long as you follow the directions on the website, not just type it into Google maps).



There was plenty of parking when we got there although it was busy. We headed straight to the pick your own area where the fruit and veg available was clearly listed. On Saturday we could pick strawberries, raspberries and gooseberries. You could also see the other crops and even Christmas trees growing and we spent some time guessing what the different plants would yield later in the season.


We had a great time picking the fruit. My mum-in-law hadn't done it for a while but proved to be handy in finding plenty of delicious raspberries and strawberries! I love seeing my children interact with the rest of our family. It can often feel like we don't see them enough - especially as my Mum lives in Devon and Matt's parents live a couple of hours away. I like to think that by doing simple but fun activities when we do see them we'll be planting beautiful memories and experiences for when my children are older. I still remember having fun with my Grandparents when I was a child and am still close to my Nan and Grandad now.

I thought it would be hard to stop the kids from eating the fruit before we'd paid but they managed to resist and for two and a half boxes of fruit paid between £7 and £8.


Even Ollie had fun hunting for strawberries, despite it being his nap time. He soon woke up when we popped into the Wild Strawberry Cafe for drinks.


The cafe is situated in a large yurt and decorated in a whimsical, vintage style. In addition to their menu they had some amazing looking cakes - the passion fruit meringue cake would have got my vote!


As well as inside the yurt there was also an extensive outdoor dining area and a fab small area for the children to play on bales of hay laid out as a maze. My children were off as quick as they could to play there and it was hard to drag them away when our drinks arrived.

After our welcome refreshment we explored the farm shop and the nursery which was filled with some beautiful and very reasonably priced bedding plants. They also had a huge display of hanging baskets ready to buy, I could easily have spent a lot of money in that section!


The shop was filled with local produce and gifts and has recently been awarded a Muddy Stilettos award for the Best Farm Shop/Deli in Bucks and Oxon. It's not hard to see why when considering the friendly nature of the staff and the facilities on offer.

I'm glad we've finally visited the farm and had the chance to pick our own fruit (which tasted wonderful - stay tuned to see how we served them later this week) but I know it won't be our last visit to the farm. With different events held during the year and it being a lovely place to visit at the weekends I can see Peterley Farm becoming a favourite destination for us. I'd certainly recommend it for you too!

Kim Carberry said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day out. I can't wait to read about what you make with your fruit.
The only Pick Your Own places near me are a couple of bus rides away.
#TriedTested

Unknown said...

Oh we love PYO farms, so much fun to be had, and you end up with some delicious food too! Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

Colette said...

What a lovely outdoorsy adventure!
Thanks for sharing your review on #TriedTested this week x

Our Cherry Tree © . Design by Berenica Designs.